Studi Italiani Realizzazione Prototipi S.p.A

1968

On 13 February 1968, the two families Giugiaro and Mantovini opened the body shop Studi Italiani Realizzazione Prototipi S. p. A. in Turin. Since 2010, Italdesign has been owned by Volkswagen AG with 90.1 percent, the remaining 9.9 percent is owned by the Giugiaro family. The company is managed by Fabrizio Giugiaro, son of the ingenious founder Giogetto Giugiaro.
Born in the small town of Cuneo in 1938, Giogetto Giugiaro came from a family of artists, his father and grandfather were famous painters. Giugiaro’s career as a body designer was more or less accidental. The young talent studied art in Turin and changed during his studies to courses in technical design. During an exhibition, Fiat’s technical director, Dante Giacosa, discovered the designs and recognized the operation. From September 1955, Giugiaro worked for Fiat in the department for design studies of special vehicles. In 1959 he moved to Bertone, where he completed his training as a body designer.
Giugiaro made a name for himself with his designs for a range of sports cars, including the Aston Martin DB4GT Jet and the Maserati 5000 GT in 1961. This was followed in 1962 by the Ferrari 250 GT, 1963 by the Chevrolet Corvair Testudo and 1964 by the Alfa Romeo Canguro. In addition to the special models, there are numerous series models such as the Alfa Romeo 2000/2600 Sprint, the Gidia GT, the BMW 3200 CS and the Fiat Dino Coupé from Giugiaro.
In his own company, Giugiaro produced not only numerous drawings for Fiat, but also designs for other well-known manufacturers such as Maserati, Audi, Lancia and Saab. In contrast to the classic body designers, however, Giugiaro did not build the superstructures himself, but merely supplied the construction plans.

Related vehicles

Cookies Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Detaillierte Informationen über den Einsatz von Cookies auf dieser Website erhalten Sie unter Cookies. Wenn Sie auf „JA, ICH STIMME ZU“ klicken, werden Cookies aktiviert. Falls Sie dies nicht wünschen, können Sie der Aktivierung hier widersprechen. Die Einstellungen können jederzeit unter Cookies geändert werden. Weitere Informationen

Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.

Schließen